BUSINESS FORMATION AND ORGANIZATION
Starting a new business is exciting, but it requires a team of experts to help ensure that your business formation will stand on solid ground. Relying on non-lawyers and DIY Google searches is very dangerous and will end up costing your company a lot more in the future. You may think you are saving money by doing it yourself, but you can leave yourself vulnerable, costing you your business and even your entire net worth.
Deciding which business structure to register is not as easy as it may seem. Our firm highly recommends that you schedule a consultation with one of our attorneys so that we can properly advise you on which business entity provides you the best legal liability protection based on your specific circumstances and business organization.
- Corporation (S-Corp or C-Corp)
- Non-Profit Corporation
- Annual Reports
- Business Formation in Delaware
- Partnership Agreements
- Shareholder Agreements
- Buy-sell Agreements
- Silent Partnerships
- Business Loan Agreements
- Business Resolutions
- Business Minutes
- Outside Corporate Counsel
- Licensing Search and Compliance
- Registered Agent Services
- Business Dissolutions
- Any other Sophisticated Business Transactions
TRANSACTIONS AND CORPORATE GOVERNANCE
Our transactional practice encompasses forward thinking and innovative legal approach to help our clients close the deal! We focus on our clients’ “big picture” goals and implement legal strategies to help them execute their transactions and protect their Creative Greatness every step of the way. Our deep understanding of complex business strategies helps us understand which legal strategies to implement and when so that we can ensure we are moving the deals along in accordance with our clients’ business goals.
Sometimes entrepreneurs find themselves in legally binding agreements that were negotiated verbally, via text messages, or even via emails. It is important to speak with a business lawyer before you start negotiating any deal terms.
At our firm, we help our clients find their leverage in the transactions and negotiate their contracts with that perspective in mind. It is imperative that our clients realize what value they provide to the transaction to fully pro.
As a Tampa Contract Attorney, our founder has seen many contracts that were not drafted by an attorney and were not legally enforceable or worse, the client didn’t even know what they agreed to. The litigation and dispute costs for such a mistake substantially outweigh the price for a solid legal contract from the beginning.
When it comes to contracts, there is no one size fits all, even if it’s the same transaction.
LABOR AND EMPLOYMENT
Facing disputes from employees can be a daunting matter to undertake on your own. Labor and employment law disputes can be avoided with strategic, proactive legal planning. Hiring an employment lawyer before the employment dispute turns into a law suit can save business owners thousands of dollars. It’s important to remember that many of the employment disputes afford the employee the right to attorneys’ fees that the employer will ultimately be liable for. We encourage any employer to contact our firm to speak with our lawyers to understand their risks and mitigate their liability. We have seen many small disputes turn into expensive and prolonged disputes because the employer waited until it was too late.
- Wage and Hour Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Discrimination Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Whistleblower Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Retirement Claims under ERISA
- Federal law requires your employer to pay out the benefits under a 401(k), traditional pension plan, or other retirement plan obtained through your employer when you reach retirement age. If you submit a claim for benefits when you reach retirement age and the employer denies your claim, you should consider taking legal action to protect your rights to your pension.
- Business Immigration Compliance
- Internal Investigations and Audits
- Proactive Legal Guidance and Risk Avoidance
- Trade Secret and Non-Compete Counseling and Litigation
- Department of Labor Investigations
- Employee Policy Manuals
- Employee Termination
LITIGATION AND DISPUTES
Our firm focuses on complex business litigation in state and federal court. We understand that business litigation is a business decision, and we take pride in guiding our clients with their business goals in mind.
We understand that it can be very costly to pursue and defend against claims. With every litigation or dispute matter, we let our clients know at every step of the litigation process and realistic estimates of costs. As a boutique firm with a business-minded founder, it is our goal that our clients have all of the information they need to make informed business decisions along the litigation journey.
When it comes to intellectual property, protecting your brand is not only a great asset, it is essential for every business. Your brand is how your market identifies your company from the competition. Every business has trademark(s), and every business should protect their company’s good will with trademark registration(s). You can learn more about Trademarks here.
Before filing for registration, a lot of legal work is performed to ensure that your trademark(s) will have a high likelihood of registration. It is not in your best interest to wait until you are “successful” to protect your brand. There are a lot of risks, one being that the trademark you chose may not be eligible for registration, or worse infringes on an already existing mark.
- Comprehensive Search with Legal Memo
- Trademark filing with USPTO
- Responses to USPTO Letters
- Revival of Abandoned Applications
- International Trademark Filing
- State Trademark Filing
Trademark Disputes and Infringements
- Cease and Desists
- Trademark Infringement lawsuits
- TTAB Proceedings
- Trademark Oppositions
- Trademark Cancellations
- Trademark Co-existence Agreements and Negotiations
Trademark Maintenance and Licensing
- Trademark Maintenance Filings
- Trademark License Agreements
- Trademark Assignment Agreements
- Trademark Monitoring of Registered Marks
It is important for entrepreneurs to protect their rights in copyright before engaging third parties to create any original works. Determining the types of original works that qualify for copyright protection require a thorough legal analysis by a copyright lawyer. Additionally, in the age of digital marketing, many business owners lose their right to protect their copyrights without even realizing it.
- Copyright Registration
- Copyright Pre-registration
- Cease and Desist
- Work for Hire Agreements
- Copyright Assignment Agreements
- Copyright License Agreements
If you have unique processes and methods that qualify as proprietary information, it may be in your best interest to maintain their privacy and to protect your ideas with a trade secret.
Trade Secret Services
- Trade Secret Analysis
- Non-disclosure Agreement
- Trade Secret Protection Guidance